Topic: Cannot add email address of same domain on alias or email forwarding.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When adding an email forwarder on an address on the same domain, the chnages are not being saved. If another domain address is being added these are being saved.

For example my domain is example.com and i want to forward email sent to test@example.com to user1@example.com, user2@example.com, user@gmail.com, only the user@gmail.com is being saved. The users under domain example.com are not being saved.
The same issues is occuring under Aliases.

These were working fine in the past. Last changes on server is upgrade of iRedAdminPro to version 3.4 with 2 later patch.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Cannot add email address of same domain on alias or email forwarding.

pragpot wrote:

For example my domain is example.com and i want to forward email sent to test@example.com to user1@example.com, user2@example.com, user@gmail.com, only the user@gmail.com is being saved. The users under domain example.com are not being saved.

Does mail user "user1@example.com" and "user2@example.com" already exist on your server BEFORE you added them as forwarding addresses or aliases? If not exists, they will be discarded silently.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pragpot wrote:

Does mail user "user1@example.com" and "user2@example.com" already exist on your server BEFORE you added them as forwarding addresses or aliases? If not exists, they will be discarded silently.

The users being added already exists on the server

Which iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro versions are you running?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Which iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro versions are you running?

Sorry forgot to fill in the server details.

- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL edition
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes

pragpot wrote:

- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes

Which iRedAdmin-Pro release? You can find the version info on Dashboard page right after login to iRedAdmin-Pro as global admin.

Hi, I'm using iREdAdmin pro 3.4

Hi Zhang,
Any update on the above issue. This behavior has started since applying the iredAdmin-Pro 3.4 update.

Did you add mail user "user1@example.com" and "user2@example.com" with your own script or iRedAdmin-Pro?
It sounds more like created with script.

Users were added via iredAdmin-Pro. All users manipulutation are via iRedAdmin pro only. We do not use any scripts.

OK, could you please show us output of SQL commands below? You should login to MySQL server as root user first, then run commands below:

USE vmail;
SELECT username,active FROM mailbox WHERE username IN ("user1@example.com", "user2@example.com") \G
SELECT address,forwarding,active FROM forwardings WHERE address IN ("user1@example.com", "user2@example.com") \G

Please replace "user1@example.com" and "user2@example.com" by the real email addresses that you were trying to add.