1 (edited by fmjianu 2019-05-31 15:49:30)

Topic: domain relay to other server if user don`t exist on local server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  v0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,
i have a full working server with 5 domains. ONLY for ONE domain, when the email arrive, i need to check locally if destination user exists. If exists, deliver mail, if not exists, send to alternate host. can you guide me to make this changes?
Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: domain relay to other server if user don`t exist on local server

nobody can help me?

3 (edited by Neutro 2019-06-07 17:46:02)

Hey,

In my humble opinion it seems that what you are asking goes against how regular internet e-mail system works.

The rule of internet e-mail is: you send an e-mail to someone, and either that address exists and the mail is delivered or the address does not exist and you receive a delivery failure message back.

If you try to change this you might make ppl send mail to other ppl by mistake without them beeing able to even know their mail was misdelivered.

So I think the best solution to your problem would be to make an up to date directory avariable to your users so they can find the right address they need to send to instead of trying to deliver to another domain in case the first one didn't work out smile

You can tune Postfix config file to return a transport like "smtp:[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25" for non-existing addresses.

Neutro, what are u talking about? In exchange server, this is done by adding a send connector. for domain x, route mail through smart hosts, an there, i add the IP address of remote server. All messages that are coming on that server, if user doesn't exists, the message are send to that smart host.