Topic: easy deployment / rewritten config files / concise list

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

checking out your downloadable installer to easy deployment migration doc:

https://docs.iredmail.org/migrate.to.iredmail.easy.html

and in regards to this paragraph:

"Post-installation setup

iRedMail Easy will re-generate most config files, custom settings will be loaded from files under /opt/iredmail/custom/, so if you have any customizations, you may need to copy your custom settings to files under /opt/iredmail/custom/."

can you provide a list of all files you actually touch / create / would be rewritten, so that i can verify what needs to be copied to the custom files folder? Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: easy deployment / rewritten config files / concise list

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

can you provide a list of all files you actually touch / create / would be rewritten, so that i can verify what needs to be copied to the custom files folder? Thanks.

Check the "iRedMail.tips" file, almost all files will be rewritten, but a backup file will be saved before that.
You may lose your custom settings, but the mail services should be just working. Then you can move custom settings to /opt/iredmail/custom/<software>/

so your doc mentions everything under /etc but what of files under /opt, such as /opt/iredapd/settings.py? under your custom folder, do i add an opt/... folder?

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

so your doc mentions everything under /etc but what of files under /opt, such as /opt/iredapd/settings.py? under your custom folder, do i add an opt/... folder?

I don't understand what you're talking about sad

iRedMail Easy does generate config files under /etc/, but all your custom settings should be written to files under /opt/iredmail/custom/<software>/

no, i meant there are other config files generated outside of /etc... that have been customized. where do i place those copies? such as the settings file for iredapd.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

no, i meant there are other config files generated outside of /etc... that have been customized. where do i place those copies? such as the settings file for iredapd.

For components/softwares shipped by iRedMail and iRedMail Easy, their config files are covered by iRedMail Easy, including iRedAPD and iRedAdmin(-Pro).

iRedAPD is a python program, it supports loading extra settings from another file (/opt/iredmail/custom/iredapd/settings.py).

Thanks. You should include anything NOT under /etc in your migration doc as well, such as this. ;-)

Updated the tutorial with some more details:
https://docs.iredmail.org/migrate.to.iredmail.easy.html