Topic: delete user in iredmail pro - how to delete user mailbox in os?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RedHat Ent 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear All,

I am new user of RH & iredmail. I can delete user mail account by iredmail web interface but in the OS, I still can find the user mailbox data. I just rm the user mailbox from OS or I need to do something?? Pls help & tell me step by step!!
Thanks!!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: delete user in iredmail pro - how to delete user mailbox in os?

On the user list page of iRedAdmin-Pro, while removing user account, iRedAdmin-Pro gives you a drop-down list to keep the mailbox for given days, did you see the drop-down list? You can select the proper option for you (e.g. keep mailbox for 1 day, 1 month, etc), then remove the account.

There's a daily cron job for iRedAdmin-Pro to remove mailbox of removed account from disk.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

On the user list page of iRedAdmin-Pro, while removing user account, iRedAdmin-Pro gives you a drop-down list to keep the mailbox for given days, did you see the drop-down list? You can select the proper option for you (e.g. keep mailbox for 1 day, 1 month, etc), then remove the account.

There's a daily cron job for iRedAdmin-Pro to remove mailbox of removed account from disk.

Dear Bin,
I can NOT find the option you say??!!! I attached the option FYR!!

Post's attachments

iredmail-user-action-options.png
iredmail-user-action-options.png 2.4 kb, 3 downloads since 2019-06-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Choose "Delete" in the drop-down list, then there's a new drop-down appear right beside it.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Choose "Delete" in the drop-down list, then there's a new drop-down appear right beside it.

I can NOT this option??

My server show iRedAdmin-Pro v2.2.2 (LDAP). Is it the version does not provide this functions??

Thanks!

williamcty wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I can NOT this option??

My server show iRedAdmin-Pro v2.2.2 (LDAP). Is it the version does not provide this functions??

Thanks!

When I select a select, select delete & press apply, it does not shows any list, it only shows operation completed screen.
The attached screens FYR!!

Can I just remove the mailbox folder in OS?? Pls help!!
Thanks!!

Post's attachments

mail-user-delete-screen-01.png
mail-user-delete-screen-01.png 8.18 kb, 1 downloads since 2019-06-04 

mail-user-delete-screen-02.png
mail-user-delete-screen-02.png 14.01 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Dear Bin,

Is there any info? Can I remove the user mailbox in os directly? How about the record in ldap?
Thanks!!

Dear All,

Anyone can help??

Thanks!!

williamcty wrote:

This version is old and doesn't have this feature.

williamcty wrote:

Yes.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
williamcty wrote:

This version is old and doesn't have this feature.

williamcty wrote:

Yes.

Dear Bin,
If I just delete the mail folder in os, how about ldap db info? How can I remove it or just ignore it? If there are too many delete record in ldap db, is it affect the performance?

Pls confirm!!
Thanks!!

williamcty wrote:

If I just delete the mail folder in os, how about ldap db info? How can I remove it or just ignore it? If there are too many delete record in ldap db, is it affect the performance?

I suppose you use iRedAdmin-Pro to delete user, right? If yes, then the data in LDAP is removed while you deleting user account.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
williamcty wrote:

I suppose you use iRedAdmin-Pro to delete user, right? If yes, then the data in LDAP is removed while you deleting user account.

Dear Bin,

That mean I just delete the user mail folder in os after delete the user in iredmail. Is it right?

Thanks!!

williamcty wrote:

That mean I just delete the user mail folder in os after delete the user in iredmail. Is it right?

Yes.