Topic: Problem with Mailing Lists subscription

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Debian 9.9.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello

I'm migrating an old server to a new one. The old server is using a very old version of iredmail and cannot be updated.
I have several domains.

I exported two tables : forwardings and mailbox

For forwardings, I just exported 'address', 'forwarding', 'domain' and 'dest_domain'.
For mailbox, I just exported `username`, `password`, `name`, `language`, `maildir`, `quota`, `domain`, `transport`, `department`, `employeeid`.

Import is OK, I can see mailboxes in the web interface.
Users can send them mail on the new server.

I created a mailing list on the smallest domain, let's say allusers@a.fr. The smallest domain contains only 4 users.
I go in each account of this small domain an tick the box "Member of Mailing Lists".
Everything is ok, I can subscribe or unsubscribe the users and they appears in the "Members" on the configuration mailing list page.

On the second domain, wich contains +250 users, I created a new mailing list, let's say a@b.fr.
I go to the first user configuration page, tick the box to subscribe the user : OK
The second user is OK too, as like the 3rd and the 4th. On the 5th, the tick don't stay after click on "Save changes" button but this 5th user appears  in the "Members" on the configuration mailing list page.

I tick the subscribe box on randomly users, some are OK, some present the same problem. So I guess it's relative to some imported user account there's a problem...

What can be the problem ?

Thanks for help

Nicolas

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem with Mailing Lists subscription

Even after deleted/re-created the accounts that pose problem, the problem of the tickbox is still present.

How about delete the mail user account and re-create it with iRedAdmin-Pro?
It looks like the SQL records generated by your import is not fully match iRedMail & iRedAdmin-Pro requirements.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

How about delete the mail user account and re-create it with iRedAdmin-Pro?

Don't work, problem still occurs.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It looks like the SQL records generated by your import is not fully match iRedMail & iRedAdmin-Pro requirements.

To avoid problems, I just exports mandatory fields wich are already present in the old version, as said in my first post.

To go deeper, when I create new accounts (no existing on the old server so don't take part of the export), some are OK with the checkbox, some are not.

Question : what are the requirements for the checkbox to be check in the user,page under general/subscribed mailing list ?

nicolasfo wrote:

Question : what are the requirements for the checkbox to be check in the user,page under general/subscribed mailing list ?

iRedAdmin-Pro will do some SQL queries to make sure members exists in SQL database, it seems imported mail users mismatched.

For each new mail user, 2 records are required in 2 sql tables (1 record each):
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … #lines-100

Same behavour on a fresh server install, without any import (iredmail 0.9.9 - iredadmin pro 3.5)

But the behavour is OK with your online version.

To reply to your last message, all imported reccords are OK :
For a mailuser wich cause problem, there's a reccord in
- "forwardings" table : 'address' = 'forwarding', 'domain' = 'dest_domain' and all values are set to '0' except the fields 'is_forwarding' and 'active'
- "mailbox" table with 'mailbox.username' = 'forwardings.address'

Thanks
Nicolas

1) Is it possible to give me direct ssh access with root privilege for debug? It will be easier for me to figure it out and fix it.
2) If not possible, could you please give me a step-by-step instruction to reproduce this issue?

I may not be able to reproduce it, so option 1) is the best for me.

8 (edited by nicolasfo 2019-06-18 20:01:39)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

1) Is it possible to give me direct ssh access with root privilege for debug? It will be easier for me to figure it out and fix it.
2) If not possible, could you please give me a step-by-step instruction to reproduce this issue?

I may not be able to reproduce it, so option 1) is the best for me.

How may I send you credentials confidentially ?
Thanks
Nicolas

nicolasfo wrote:

How may I send you credentials confidentially ?

Please mail me: zhb _at_ iredmail _dot_ org. I need ssh server address, port number, ssh username. Also please write file /root/password with a testing domain admin for testing purpose, it should be able to reproduce the issue.
Here's my ssh public key, do not give me a password:

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDWD2oZef2kq2CPq/TYuuAeualfL/AH6EW2n2Tzf5DsC8V5OmZAr4S7pdBH4D33T0gFrLq/woin6KXIdoiLF/dwQcPYYUA5wToRxz9cGG5U8TezkSDogjYyhqVQuDnSiiT/RF0uIytuX5e8XkfZS2TLQJTgt0Af23rPEm0TY/zd6XCNx/osdRAP25Sw3lztWkXH9wNs58ncRQjirBx853dI5qycMzBhcWBpUQAc9Yul1dyKG6SpLPbgz2wyufbDOdZOr9lZPa0MdbuTGZ8Ge3c90BQQlRNzZSBmbfeTbFHQacV+kDOvEX10PpRJE9PXnQnwk6HNs2lxsbbPzqaLnNs7 zhb_at_iredmail_dot_org

Mail sended wink

Thanks
Nicolas

Confirmed this is caused by a bug in mlmmjadmin-1.9, and fixed in mlmmjadmin-2.1.
Simply upgrading mlmmjadmin to 2.1 will fix this issue.
FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.mlmmjadmin.html

We repacked iRedMail-0.9.9 before with mlmmjadmin-2.1, but seems you deployed with a older version.
Please download from our website and you will get the latest mlmmjadmin-2.1 after installation:
https://www.iredmail.org/download.html