Topic: emails not being greylisted

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v2019080201
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

emails don't seem to be greylisted despite me having that iredapd plugin enabled. your thoughts?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: emails not being greylisted

this could be why:

https://forum.iredmail.org/post69872.html#p69872

so it could be working but if the spf record is correct (contains the IP of the sender) it wouldn't be greylisted then, correct?

Any related iRedAPD log of this issue? I need log for troubleshooting.

The logs are empty. No activity logged in iredapd.log. I do have some emails / domains with greylisting specifically turned off but not for all. The only activity in rotates logs is the service being restarted whenever I’ve made a change in settings.

It actually does appear to be working based on what I see in my maillog but it’s not logging to iredapd.log. That’s blank.

But some emails aren’t throttled so I assume that’s due to your handling / checking of spf records correct?

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

It actually does appear to be working based on what I see in my maillog but it’s not logging to iredapd.log. That’s blank.

Did you change any rsyslog config file?

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

But some emails aren’t throttled so I assume that’s due to your handling / checking of spf records correct?

Throttling is not related to SPF checks, they're separated.