Topic: Connected Even After Changing Password

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v0.9.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi,

I changed my email password via the web interface (RoundCube) using my laptop and expected all my other devices to be disconnected from my email but instead I continued receiving emails on my phone. How is that possible? Yes, I'm sure that the new password isn't the same as the old password... This is raising some privacy and security concerns.

Google / Gmail has an option to 'Manage Devices' where you can see where you're signed in and log out from devices. How can you do it with iRedMail?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Connected Even After Changing Password

It's like some kind of "cache". Client connects with authenticated IMAP session id, and it works for some time. You can check Dovecot log file, it logs the IMAP session id.

RestlessPM wrote:

Google / Gmail has an option to 'Manage Devices' where you can see where you're signed in and log out from devices. How can you do it with iRedMail?

iRedMail doesn't have this feature (yet).

Thanks Zhang. What's 'for some time'? I changed the password last night, didn't use my phone all night, and I'm still receiving emails on my phone this morning. Is there anything that can be done?

RestlessPM wrote:

What's 'for some time'? I changed the password last night, didn't use my phone all night, and I'm still receiving emails on my phone this morning. Is there anything that can be done?

This is not expected and must be something wrong.

Questions:

- Was the password really changed?
- How does your phone access mailbox? IMAP? ActiveSync? or?

5 (edited by RestlessPM 2019-09-06 23:16:31)

Hi Zhang,

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

This is not expected and must be something wrong.

Questions:

- Was the password really changed?
- How does your phone access mailbox? IMAP? ActiveSync? or?

Yes, I'm sure that the password really changed because I had to enter the new password in other devices. The mailbox is configured on the iPhone as an Exchange account.

That's really weird.
Does restarting "memcached" service fix the issue?