Topic: Duplicate emails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.9 OPENLDAP edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 64 bits 7.6.1810 (Core)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When I add an email account to a maillist and memberofgroup in order to be able to send emails on behalf of a maillist, mail sent to the maillist is duplicated. How we could solve this problem?
We are in the process of acquisition of the iRedMail-Pro Version..

Thank you and a greeting,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Duplicate emails

albertolagar wrote:

When I add an email account to a maillist and memberofgroup in order to be able to send emails on behalf of a maillist, mail sent to the maillist is duplicated. How we could solve this problem?

Do you mean you add both the user and mailing list as recipients? Yes it will be duplicated because the mailing list is not expanded to all members while spam scanning, this helps save system resource for spam scanning as it's only 1 message scanned, otherwise if the mailing list contains 100 members, there will be 100 messages scanned, it's a waste of system resource.

If you deleted from memberofgroup not duplicated, but we lose the feature to send on behalf of a mailist. How we could do?

Thanks,

I have it. On the one hand i mailist created with the subscribers of the list. These subscribers receive email sent to the list but cannot send in the name of the list. For this, we must add them to memberofgroup and that is where duplicate e-mails. If you deleted the subscriber of the mailist and left him alone in memberofgroup, corrects the problem. The issue is that in this way you lose control of who are members of the mailing lists.
The question is, there is a way to centralize the subscribers of the lists to know at a given moment who are the members of list without having to go on a user-by-user? I do not know whether I have explained well..
Thank you very much

You should create mailing list with the /opt/mlmmjadmin/tools/maillist_admin.py instead. It uses mlmmj as mailing list manager, and correctly avoid the duplicate. FYI:
https://docs.iredmail.org/manage.subscr … lists.html

And that is what we are doing. The command we launched it with the following options:
"python maillist_admin.py create mylist@mydomain.es only_subscriber_can_post=no disable_archive=yes"
And add users to the list:
"python maillist_admin.py add_subscribers mylist@mydomain.es user1@mydomain.es user2@...."

Thank you for your help

If you created mailing list with the /opt/mlmmjadmin/tools/maillist_admin.py, you don't need "memberofgroup" attribute in user object.

If you do not add the memberofgroup attribute to the user, unable to send on behalf of maillist

- The "memberOfGroup" attribute is required IF the user is assigned to a UNsubscribeable mailing list.
- But the /opt/mlmmjadmin/tools/maillist_admin.py is used to create and manage subscribeable mailing list.

For if it helps, the error that returns us when trying to send on behalf of a maillist is as follows "Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username"
How to e-mail client we are using "Thunderbird"

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/errors.html#r … e-username

Good morning,
The configuration "ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_SENDERS" operates correctly. We are not this worked and we need in our organization is the "ALLOWED_LOGIN_MISMATCH_LIST_MEMBER = True"
We have the "IredAdmin-Pro Support", although this thread what we started with the "iRedAdmin" and we have from the beginning with this paste. For the rest, it is a great product.