Topic: Quarentined email not forwarded properly.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): Latest
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  debian 9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): n/a
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): gninx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I use iredmail as a frontend spam filter for an Exchange server, which works great, however when trying to release a message from the webgui quernetine the email doesn't end up getting forwarded, instead it gets placed in the users local mail directory /var/vmail...../etc

I accomplished this by putting in my amavix config the line $forward_method = 'smtp:[internal_ip]:25';

How do I make sure that when I release a message through the GUI it gets processed and sent to the internal mail server vs going to the local mailstore?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Quarentined email not forwarded properly.

drsbaitso wrote:

How do I make sure that when I release a message through the GUI it gets processed and sent to the internal mail server vs going to the local mailstore?

According to Amavisd document (https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.protocol.txt), it doesn't support specifying smtp relay while releasing message.

drsbaitso wrote:

I accomplished this by putting in my amavix config the line $forward_method = 'smtp:[internal_ip]:25';

Did you set "$forward_method" as global setting in amavisd config file?
Did you try to add this setting inside the "$policy_bank{'AM.PDP-INET'} = {}" block?

$policy_bank{'AM.PDP-INET'} = {
    forward_method => "smtp:[internal_ip]:25",
}

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
drsbaitso wrote:

Did you try to add this setting inside the "$policy_bank{'AM.PDP-INET'} = {}" block?

}

I will take a look tomorrow when I get a chance and report back.  Thanks.

drsbaitso wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:
drsbaitso wrote:

}

I will take a look tomorrow when I get a chance and report back.  Thanks.

The forward was in my global amavis config.  Making the second change to the policy_bank doesn't do any change.  I don't see a way to export to either eml or mbox from the web-gui so I will just manually release and import these emails.

Thanks for taking a looksee.