Topic: Disable the Advance function to domain Admins and Users

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):     4.1.2 (MySQL)
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MarineDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
We setup iRedAdmin-Pro on our mail server.  We created many domains in the server and add domain admin for each domain (We disable some function by Advance function, such as Backup MX, relay..etc).  After that, we login by domain Admin to mange one domain, the layout same as we hoped except one.  We hoped hidden the Advance function - i.e. We did not wanted the Domain Admin & Users cannot touch those Advance function.  We found that Domain Admin can change our server default setting, such as the min. password length, we default is 8.  But the Domain Admin can change to 2 and update the profile.
We should know that, if the Domain Admin change some setting, such as password length difference to our default setting, which one will take effect?  Our default setting, or the Domain Admin setting?
And we hoped to hidden the Advance function to all Domain Admin & users, is it possilbe?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Disable the Advance function to domain Admins and Users

Is disabling normal admin to update password length enough in your case? I can add an option for global admin to disable this setting.

Dear Mr. Zhang,

Attached a screen capture for our existing interface of Domain Admin.  We only give them to access part of function.  But we hoped they cannot access "Advance", if you can add a checkbox to disable the "Advance" - just like disable other options, e.g. CC, Greylist ...etc

Post's attachments

iredmail01.png
iredmail01.png 52.95 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

One more question, as mentioned in my post in the beginning, if our server set the default min. password is 8 characters.   But the domain admin change the min. password to 2 characters in the "Advanced" option in his domain.  What will be the result, this domain min. password is 8 or 2?
Thanks

alex.shum wrote:

Attached a screen capture for our existing interface of Domain Admin.  We only give them to access part of function.  But we hoped they cannot access "Advance", if you can add a checkbox to disable the "Advance" - just like disable other options, e.g. CC, Greylist ...etc

Since "Advanced" tab contains multiple features, it's not same as "relay" or other tabs. So it's better just disable the features you disallow normal admin to control but still display the Advance tab (which contains only allowed features).

alex.shum wrote:

One more question, as mentioned in my post in the beginning, if our server set the default min. password is 8 characters.   But the domain admin change the min. password to 2 characters in the "Advanced" option in his domain.  What will be the result, this domain min. password is 8 or 2?

I will double check this and make sure at least global min password length is set.

Dear Alex,

In upcoming iRedAdmin-Pro release, you can disallow normal admin to manage min/max password lengths. I will check the custom password length setting later today.

Screenshot (available in the "Advanced" tab of domain profile page when you login as global admin):

https://i.imgur.com/P5EFFbw.png

Dear Zhang,

When the new release will be issue?
Thanks a lot

Well, all i can say is "soon".

We will release a new iRedMail version through iRedMail Easy platform, including new versions of iRedAdmin-Pro and iRedAPD. It will be in this Jan.