Topic: Multidomain Sharing of Mails, Calendars and Contacts

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.18-20-pve x86_64)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear Zhang and other users,

thank you very much for the current 1.0 release. Currently i am testing it for a use scenario with a mulitdomain setup (actually for now two mail domains).

We try to achieve a configuration where users can share their mails, calendars and contacts across the domains, so user foo@acme.com can subscribe to user bar@coyote.com.

Trying to figue out what to change in SOGo.conf to make this possible. Usually you would want to separate domains, but i am trying to achieve the opposite.

I have seen Inverse has introduced a variable for the domainName in the LDAP query. Anything this could help me here?

Thank you very much for your support.

Alex

Re: Multidomain Sharing of Mails, Calendars and Contacts

User can share their calendar or contacts in the SOGo web UI. Try to click the three-dot menu to find the sharing option.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

User can share their calendar or contacts in the SOGo web UI. Try to click the three-dot menu to find the sharing option.

Hi Zhang,

thanks for your reply! Yes, i am aware of the sharing feature. smile

What i am actually looking for is sharing to a user of another domain:

user foo@acme.com should see user bar@coyote.com's calendars/contacts/mails.

In the Web GUI only users from the same domain are offered, not the users from other domains. So i am wondering how i can enable this. Installation is a fresh 1.0, basically untouched.

Thank you very much for your support, Alex

iRedMail limits the query to same domain by default, it's done with the LDAP search base in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf like this:

SOGoUserSources = (
    {
        baseDN = "domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx";
    }
)

If you want to query all users on same server, you can remove "domainName=%d," and restart sogo service.

----

Does my reply help a little? How about buying me a cup of coffee ($5) as an encouragement?

buy me a cup of coffee

Hi Zhang,

thanks for your reply.

This is what i initially also thought and tried it again but it does not work. Only users of the same domain are offered for sharing.
I changed it in the SOGoUserSources for authentication and also in the addressbook.

Do you maybe have another idea how i can enable this feature.

Thanks for your support!

Best Regards, Alex