Topic: Multidomain Sharing of Mails, Calendars and Contacts

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): v 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.18-20-pve x86_64)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear Zhang and other users,

thank you very much for the current 1.0 release. Currently i am testing it for a use scenario with a mulitdomain setup (actually for now two mail domains).

We try to achieve a configuration where users can share their mails, calendars and contacts across the domains, so user foo@acme.com can subscribe to user bar@coyote.com.

Trying to figue out what to change in SOGo.conf to make this possible. Usually you would want to separate domains, but i am trying to achieve the opposite.

I have seen Inverse has introduced a variable for the domainName in the LDAP query. Anything this could help me here?

Thank you very much for your support.

Alex

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Multidomain Sharing of Mails, Calendars and Contacts

User can share their calendar or contacts in the SOGo web UI. Try to click the three-dot menu to find the sharing option.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

User can share their calendar or contacts in the SOGo web UI. Try to click the three-dot menu to find the sharing option.

Hi Zhang,

thanks for your reply! Yes, i am aware of the sharing feature. smile

What i am actually looking for is sharing to a user of another domain:

user foo@acme.com should see user bar@coyote.com's calendars/contacts/mails.

In the Web GUI only users from the same domain are offered, not the users from other domains. So i am wondering how i can enable this. Installation is a fresh 1.0, basically untouched.

Thank you very much for your support, Alex

iRedMail limits the query to same domain by default, it's done with the LDAP search base in /etc/sogo/sogo.conf like this:

SOGoUserSources = (
    {
        baseDN = "domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx";
    }
)

If you want to query all users on same server, you can remove "domainName=%d," and restart sogo service.

Hi Zhang,

thanks for your reply.

This is what i initially also thought and tried it again but it does not work. Only users of the same domain are offered for sharing.
I changed it in the SOGoUserSources for authentication and also in the addressbook.

Do you maybe have another idea how i can enable this feature.

Thanks for your support!

Best Regards, Alex

alexp wrote:

This is what i initially also thought and tried it again but it does not work. Only users of the same domain are offered for sharing.
I changed it in the SOGoUserSources for authentication and also in the addressbook.

While typing address in the sharing web UI, does it show you user in another domain?

For example, login to SOGo web UI as bar@coyote.com, then try to share an imap folder or calendar, type "foo" to trigger SOGo to query users, i expect SOGo pops up user "foo@acme.com". Does it?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

While typing address in the sharing web UI, does it show you user in another domain?

For example, login to SOGo web UI as bar@coyote.com, then try to share an imap folder or calendar, type "foo" to trigger SOGo to query users, i expect SOGo pops up user "foo@acme.com". Does it?

Hi Zhang, no actually it does not. I have removed the domain part domainName=%d in the authetication part and in the adressbook as well.
Maybe this is related to the LDAP installation? I could try a SQL backend in a fresh test install.

Best, Alex

Hi Zhang, just to come back to this topic. Took me a while to further investigate on it.

the feature of multidomain sharing works fine in the MYSQL Edition (MariaDB) Version 1.21 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS last updates. I commented out two line in the sogo.conf:

// SOGoEnableDomainBasedUID = YES;
// DomainFieldName = "domain";

I will try the LDAP version 1.21 as well and post back.

Best, Alex

9 (edited by alexp 2020-05-07 06:15:38)

I got it working on LDAP now as well on iRedMail 1.2.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.4.

Remove domainName=%d from the baseDN but also disable bindAsCurrentUser from sogo.conf in the SOGoUserSources part for authetication and / or for Global Address Book as you wish:

SOGoUserSources = (
        {
            // Used for user authentication
            type = ldap;
            id = users;
            canAuthenticate = YES;
            isAddressBook = NO;
            displayName = "LDAP Authentication";

baseDN = "o=domains,dc=xx,dc=example,dc=net";
            // baseDN = "domainName=%d,o=domains,dc=xx,dc=example,dc=net";

// bindAsCurrentUser = YES;
            bindAsCurrentUser = NO;