Topic: Global Email Alias?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 4.1.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Zhang logged in via SSH and installed
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Redhat
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I need to create a global alias that works on all domains that forwards to a specific user's email box.

EX: dmarc@[all-domains] -> dmarc@a-specific-domain.com

Any suggestions?

Also, I would love to see the integration of an open-source DMARC reporting tool within iReadAdmin-Pro.  There are some opensource tools, but I haven't yet tried any specific ones.

-- Steven

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Global Email Alias?

stevenc317 wrote:

I need to create a global alias that works on all domains that forwards to a specific user's email box.
EX: dmarc@[all-domains] -> dmarc@a-specific-domain.com

If not many domains, it should be fine to add them for each domain. This is recommended.

Otherwise you have to add a new hash map for Postfix "virtual_alias_maps" in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

I have a setup for this, i use it to forward hostmaster, abuse, and no-reply to a specific mailbox. if you are interested in a solution, leave me a message

Cthulhu wrote:

I have a setup for this, i use it to forward hostmaster, abuse, and no-reply to a specific mailbox. if you are interested in a solution, leave me a message

Would you mind sharing it here directly? smile