Topic: Mailing List Post

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  0.9.9 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: iRedAdmin-Pro
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

If mailing list has multiple Moderators and one of the Moderator sends mail to mailing list then approval mail send all Moderators which seems to be incorrect. Approval email should only to be forwarded to sender(Moderater) email id.

Also if member of mailing list reply back or sends email to the mailing list it will deliver to the Moderater inbox for approval, it should bounce to the sender(member who send email).

please advice on same.

Thanks
Sunil

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mailing List Post

RajeshM wrote:

Also if member of mailing list reply back or sends email to the mailing list it will deliver to the Moderater inbox for approval, it should bounce to the sender(member who send email).

Seems your mailing list access policy is not set to what you want. this behavior means you have the access policy set to "moderate" or similar.

Could you please take a screenshot of this mailing list profile page to help me understand the situation?

3 (edited by RajeshM 2020-03-14 22:50:04)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
RajeshM wrote:

Seems your mailing list access policy is not set to what you want. this behavior means you have the access policy set to "moderate" or similar.

Could you please take a screenshot of this mailing list profile page to help me understand the situation?

hi

Screen shot has been attach please check.

To secure mailing list we have select Access control check box, which will allow to send email for approval to the moderator.

We do not want member should send email to mailing list.

Thanks
Sunil

Post's attachments

mail.png 41.16 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

You can uncheck the “Moderate all posts” option since you already checked only moderators can send to mailing list.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can uncheck the “Moderate all posts” option since you already checked only moderators can send to mailing list.

Hi,

Once i uncheck the “Moderate all posts” option then members can send email to mailing list.

Which is not secure.

Thanks
Sunil

RajeshM wrote:

Once i uncheck the “Moderate all posts” option then members can send email to mailing list.

In the mailing list profile page, under section "Who can send mail to this list", do you still have "Moderators" checked? Could you please show me full related log in Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog) if you send an email from a member?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
RajeshM wrote:

In the mailing list profile page, under section "Who can send mail to this list", do you still have "Moderators" checked? Could you please show me full related log in Postfix log file (/var/log/maillog) if you send an email from a member?

Hi,

We have created test2@abc.com mailing list please find attachment for mailing list setting.

Members list under test2@abc.com mailing list
1) test@abc.com
2) admin@abc.com
3) admin@xyz.com
4) security@xyz.com

Owners & Moderators under test2@abc.com mailing list
admin@abc.com

We have send test from Member (test@abc.com) to test2@abc.com mailing list it is deliver to all members without Moderator approval.

Please find attach logs for same.

############################################

2) Please advice to rectify below issue also

If mailing list has multiple Moderators and one of the Moderator sends mail to mailing list then approval mail send all Moderators which seems to be incorrect. Approval email should only to be forwarded to sender(Moderater) email id.

Thanks,
Sunil

Post's attachments

mail.txt 217.18 kb, 1 downloads since 2020-03-16 

mailling.png 41.71 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I can not reproduce this issue on CentOS 7 with mlmmj-1.3.0.
Which Debian release and mlmmj version are you running?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I can not reproduce this issue on CentOS 7 with mlmmj-1.3.0.
Which Debian release and mlmmj version are you running?

Hi,

Debian Version: Debian GNU/Linux 9.11 (stretch)
mlmmj version: mlmmj-2.1

Thanks
Sunil

RajeshM wrote:

This is mlmmjadmin, not "mlmmj".
Please run command below to check the version number:

dpkg -l |grep mlmmj

11 (edited by RajeshM 2020-03-23 02:21:48)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
RajeshM wrote:

This is mlmmjadmin, not "mlmmj".
Please run command below to check the version number:

dpkg -l |grep mlmmj

HI,

mlmmj: 1.2.19.0-1

Thanks
Sunil

Possible to upgrade it to 1.3.0?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Possible to upgrade it to 1.3.0?

HI,

Can you please let me know steps to update the same.

Thanks
Sunil

If Debian 9 doesn't offer a updated package, i'm afraid you have to upgrade it manually by compiling it from source tarball, or, upgrade to Debian 10. sad

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

If Debian 9 doesn't offer a updated package, i'm afraid you have to upgrade it manually by compiling it from source tarball, or, upgrade to Debian 10. sad

Hi,

you can close this issue.

this issue has been resolved by adding empty file in mailing list control folder, file name is ifmodsendonlymodmoderate.

file location is as below
touch /var/vmail/mlmmj/domain.tld/all/control/ifmodsendonlymodmoderate

After adding this file approval email is getting deliver only to the sender(Moderator) email id and not to the other Moderators.

Is there any way ifmodsendonlymodmoderate file will be automatically added to mailing list control folder?

Thanks
Sunil

You can send a PR to our mlmmjadmin repo to make it happen smile
https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin

RajeshM wrote:

Is there any way ifmodsendonlymodmoderate file will be automatically added to mailing list control folder?

Done: https://github.com/iredmail/mlmmjadmin/ … 40d2b0e729