Topic: new install configuration

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Setting up a new install and was looking at some of the settings.py files.  Didn't realize that there are actually several of those files following the install which "seem" to have some overlapping content. 

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cloudinit/settings.py
/opt/www/iRedAdmin-1.0/settings.py
/opt/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-4.3/settings.py
/opt/mlmmjadmin-2.1/settings.py
/opt/iRedAPD-3.6/settings.py

Where would I configure items like:
  Min password length
  Max password length
  Domain Quota
  User Quota

Looking through various documents and files, is there a best practices document for iRedAdmin-Pro?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: new install configuration

Found the file that changes the values for min & max character feaures.
/opt/www/iRedAdmin-Pro-SQL-4.3/settings.py

This alters the password information and this appears when hover over the password field.

IMHO - this is poor design and the min characters and max characters should also appear in the body of the page at least when on the password tab. 

I've not been able to locate how to set default values for items like number of email accounts, aliases, etc. going into the database.  Is that a possibility.

I also realized that my FQDN and 1st domain/email accounts (postmaster) are different domains which causes the DKIM to not match the host (FQDN) name.   There is nothing noted during install about this.

pbf343 wrote:

IMHO - this is poor design and the min characters and max characters should also appear in the body of the page at least when on the password tab. 

Will fix this later.

pbf343 wrote:

I've not been able to locate how to set default values for items like number of email accounts, aliases, etc. going into the database.  Is that a possibility.

You can find the settings in domain profile page after logged in to iRedAdmin-Pro as global admin.

pbf343 wrote:

I also realized that my FQDN and 1st domain/email accounts (postmaster) are different domains which causes the DKIM to not match the host (FQDN) name.   There is nothing noted during install about this.

I don't understand this issue, could you please show us related error/log?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pbf343 wrote:

Will fix this later.

pbf343 wrote:

You can find the settings in domain profile page after logged in to iRedAdmin-Pro as global admin.

pbf343 wrote:

I don't understand this issue, could you please show us related error/log?

My apologies as I did not get an e-mail that you had replied.

Ref. "I also realized that my FQDN and 1st domain/email accounts (postmaster) are different domains which causes the DKIM to not match the host (FQDN) name.   There is nothing noted during install about this."

This is referenced in the DKIM information page but not clearly indicated during the install.
  https://docs.iredmail.org/sign.dkim.sig … omain.html

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm trying to have the settings take effect for each domain as it is added.  Thus, I was hoping to be able to set those values in the settings.py file or in the database so that every time a domain is created, it would allow for a certain number of users, a quote, etc.  Is there anyway to pre-populate the the domain values before the domain is actually added?

pbf343 wrote:

Ref. "I also realized that my FQDN and 1st domain/email accounts (postmaster) are different domains which causes the DKIM to not match the host (FQDN) name.   There is nothing noted during install about this."

DKIM applies to mail domain name ("dkim._domainkey.<mail-domain-name>"), not server hostname.

pbf343 wrote:

I'm trying to have the settings take effect for each domain as it is added.  Thus, I was hoping to be able to set those values in the settings.py file or in the database so that every time a domain is created, it would allow for a certain number of users, a quote, etc.  Is there anyway to pre-populate the the domain values before the domain is actually added?

You can do this with the iRedAdmin-Pro RESTful API:
https://docs.iredmail.org/iredadmin-pro … l.api.html

Or, you just want it done with the iRedAdmin-Pro web UI?