Topic: "From" address for quota emails

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.8 MARIADB
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?: Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?: Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Is there a way to have quota warning emails sent from the "webmaster" address near the top of /var/www/iredadmin/settings.py, or any other arbitrary address that I can set somewhere else, rather than no-reply@server.example.com? In this case "server.example.com" is the FQDN used in /etc/hosts.

Thanks.

Craig

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: "From" address for quota emails

- You can change the address in /usr/local/bin/dovecot-quota-warning.sh.
- It's a warning message, and no admin should be involved. end user should login to their own mailbox and clean up some old messages to free the quota.

Re: "From" address for quota emails

Hi Zhang,

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

The desire is to hard-code the domain of the sender, rather than to use a working mail account as the sender. The problem is that we've had users assume the quota warning was a phishing email because we keep telling users that unless an email about their account is from an address on ourdomain.com, it's very likely phishing. Since the quota warnings were coming from an address on (in my example) server.example.com, they looked like phishing emails to some people, even though they didn't have links and instructions telling people to do stuff at the link.

Craig