1 (edited by kevc1973 2020-06-18 22:57:16)

Topic: SOGO Calendars keep losing sync, requires re-adding account to fix.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

iRedMail Version: 0.9.9 MySQL Version
- downloadable installer
- 18.04.3 LTS (Bionic Beaver)
- MySQL
- NGINX
- IRedAdmin-Pro 4.1.2 (MySQL)

We have this across multiple Exchange Activesync clients, including Outlook clients, (2016, 2019), Android (gmail, Nine, Outlook) and Apple Mail.

Basically the user complains that their calendars stop updating after a few weeks of successful usage.

The only way to get them to actually see new calendar data is to remove the account and re-add it to the device.

(I have this happen to me a well, several times on my Android phone.)

All other functionality is working fine. I can add contacts. I can send and receive email. I just can't see any new items in the calendar.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kc/

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGO Calendars keep losing sync, requires re-adding account to fix.

- Did you ever upgrade SOGo to the latest release and try again?
- Dit it happen to only Android client or random clients?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- Did you ever upgrade SOGo to the latest release and try again?
- Dit it happen to only Android client or random clients?

We upgraded last time we looked into the issue as that was the suggestion made then as well. It didn't help.

That said, I've now updated to the latest versions of SOGO, SOGO-activesync 4.3.2.20200618-1

It happens to many clients regardless of platform. Android, iPhone and Windown (gmail client, outlook client, Nine client, Apple Mail, Outlook 2016, 2019).

kc/

Since the update, we've had many of our clients report that their recipients are receiving other recipients attachments, and emails are adding recipients that were never added in the first place.

Something is very wrong. I've filled out a support ticket and eagerly await support.

Update: In case anyone ever runs into this issue.

It was not the mail server that was broken. After the failed update we rolled back the VM and client side Outlook was what actually broke.

None of the issues we saw in Outlook actually existed on the mail server. Phantom recipients and attachments didn't exist on the mail server, it showed only in users Outlook.

The VM roll-back is what caused some Outlook profiles to corrupt. We were able to correct everything by creating a new Outlook profile for each of the affected users.

Hope that helps.

p.s. Why did this thread get moved to the non-Pro forum? We paid for Pro. Pls fix.

kevc1973 wrote:

p.s. Why did this thread get moved to the non-Pro forum? We paid for Pro. Pls fix.

Because the issue itself is not related to iRedAdmin-Pro, but iRedMail. So we moved it as reorganization.