Topic: Migration old 0.9.5 to new server with 1.2
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? By hand I think
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL (MariaDB)
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] no logs to report
I want to transfer a running, single domain iRedmail 0.9.5 server to a new server with iRedmail 1.2 installed. I read the https://docs.iredmail.org/migrate.to.ne … erver.html document but I have questions.
1. Am I locked into continuing with MariaDB?
2. Can I migrate into a server with a different backend like PostgreSQL or LDAP?
3. Am I stuck with Apache? Can the new server be nginx based and still be an acceptable migration destination?