Topic: Own domain mail account and ISP mail account
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? No
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I would like to configure iRedMail for a mail account of my own domain (let's call it 'email@example.com') and for a mail account (POP3) provided by my ISP (let's call it 'firstname.lastname@example.org').
I would be grateful for feedback if the following approach would be correct:
- in iredadmin, I should add 2 domains: the one I own (mydomain.com) and the one from my ISP (isp.com) and configure the user accounts in the respective domains.
- for the mail account of my own domain, I should make the necessary DNS configurations (A, MX, SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
- for the mail account provided by my ISP: for retrieving, I should install fetchmail or getmail and configure accordingly; for sending, I should configure sender dependent relay host (Setup relayhost)
Is that about right?