Topic: How to set amavis behavior?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 20.04.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/MariaDB):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Dear Sirs,
how can I specify / setup the default behavior of amavis (?) filter e.x. in case that one incoming email has attachment with virus?
As I can see, now it is just discarded (unfortunately without any notice at least for the recipient that a mail coming from the sender xxxx is discarded due to virus in attachment).

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to set amavis behavior?

Search parameter "final_X_destiny" (replace X by spam, virus, banned, bad_header) in Amavisd config file (/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Search parameter "final_X_destiny" (replace X by spam, virus, banned, bad_header) in Amavisd config file (/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user).

Many thanks for your help dear Mr. Huangbin.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear Mr. Huangbin,
I applied your guidance to my server and I got the desired results.
I have one more question and this question is regarding the so called quarantining as described in your document:
https://docs.iredmail.org/quarantining.html
What does exactly this feature? What I want, is to block all malicious incoming emails but I also want to get a noticing email to report this action, this problem to the original recipient of the deleted email.
What do you think?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

mikekgr wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Dear Mr. Huangbin,
I applied your guidance to my server and I got the desired results.
I have one more question and this question is regarding the so called quarantining as described in your document:
https://docs.iredmail.org/quarantining.html
What does exactly this feature? What I want, is to block all malicious incoming emails but I also want to get a noticing email to report this action, this problem to the original recipient of the deleted email.
What do you think?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

Anyone that can help me?
@ZhangHuangbin please help me on this. Thanks