Topic: How to remove iredadmin?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.1
- Deployed with downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Is there a way to shutdown iredadmin or completely remove it from the server?
I consistently receive the root email:

Title: Cron <root@server> python2 /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/delete_mailboxes.py
Content:
<<< ERROR >>> Cannot connect to SQL database, aborted. Error: TypeError("cannot concatenate 'str' and 'exceptions.ImportError' objects",)

As I just using phpLDAPadmin to manage email account, I don't need iredadmin. Also, it is not accessible by the default web directory and it says "internal server error".

Just wanna know is there a way to disable iredadmin or just uninstalled it.
Thank you so much.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to remove iredadmin?

- About the "internal server error", any related log in /var/log/syslog?
- To remove iRedAdmin, simply remove directory /opt/www/iredadmin/ and /opt/www/iRedAdmin-* will do the trick. Also remove related tasks in root user's cron job.

3 (edited by Buck 2020-09-14 13:14:02)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

- About the "internal server error", any related log in /var/log/syslog?
- To remove iRedAdmin, simply remove directory /opt/www/iredadmin/ and /opt/www/iRedAdmin-* will do the trick. Also remove related tasks in root user's cron job.

Thank you Z.
I just copied those lines from the log you aforementioned, hope it will help.

CRON[22519]: (root) CMD (python2 /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_amavisd_db.py >/dev/null)
CRON[22518]: (root) CMD (python2 /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/cleanup_db.py >/dev/null 2>&1)
CRON[22520]: (root) CMD (python2 /opt/www/iredadmin/tools/delete_mailboxes.py)
CRON[22524]: (root) CMD (python3 /opt/iredapd/tools/cleanup_db.py >/dev/null)
CRON[22525]: (root) CMD (/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/fail2ban_banned_db unban_db)
postfix/pickup[19969]: 4BqRMy2Mhpz1y9H: uid=0 from=<root>

The following is just it automatically sent the error email to the root account.

FYI, I did install iRedMail serveral times to test it, well, under Ubuntu 18 LTS or 20 LTS, the installer will alwasy result in the non-function of iredadmin with "internal server error" display on web.
I did find a way to make it work when I searched the forum.
By "pip2 install py-mysql" or "pymyql", the iredadmin can work then, but the system will remind me that pip2 is out of date and under-supported, which makes me really donnot wanna install this part.

Thank you.

Buck wrote:

By "pip2 install py-mysql" or "pymyql", the iredadmin can work then, but the system will remind me that pip2 is out of date and under-supported, which makes me really donnot wanna install this part.

Upcoming iRedAdmin(-Pro) relies on Python 3, so we will get rid of this soon.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Buck wrote:

Upcoming iRedAdmin(-Pro) relies on Python 3, so we will get rid of this soon.

That's amazing, thank you boss