1 (edited by smk1655 2020-07-01 03:19:59)

Topic: Two iredmail servers but use dovecot from single server

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP with AD integration
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi there,

First of all please forgive my lack of knowledge and experience, I am an IT bachelor student learning about setting up mail servers on Linux using a virtual environment in VMware Workstation. I have set up two networks as LANs of two locations, with a WAN imitation (just a single router) in between, although the two LAN locations are directly connected via VPN tunnel and static routing and functions properly as I also have two Server 2019 domain controllers replicating between the two LAN networks via VPN.

I am currently dealing with a task where I have two iredmail servers, let's call them A and B. My problem is, I want to make the Postfix service on B use the dovecot service on A, and make the roundcube service on B use postfix on B for smtp, while using the dovecot installation on A. I have tried editing the various configuration files but unfortunately ended up with other various issues. Any information or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-smk1655

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Two iredmail servers but use dovecot from single server

It’s possible and should be easy if you know the trick, like setting up Dovecot+Postfix in a load-balance cluster.

- Postfix uses Dovecot as SASL auth server, you need to configure Dovecot to listen its auth service also on a inet interface, so that other servers can connect to it.
- make sure your firewall doesn’t block the requests between 2 servers.

3 (edited by brainsage 2020-10-23 19:06:16)

Re: Two iredmail servers but use dovecot from single server

smk1655 wrote:

< Quote start >

I am an IT bachelor student trying to learn how to set up mail servers on Linux and use VMware Workstation for a virtual environment. I have made a couple of projects already, but it's the first time I need to write my essay project and I'm dealing with iredmail servers.
I'm currently busy with a task that presupposes using two iredmail servers ...

< Quote end >

Hi,
Curious about the results of your project. How did you configure Dovecot? I'm trying to set up a full-featured mail server with iRedMail on Ubuntu 18.04 (for my university project), but I'm having diffculties with Dovecot IMAP server and Postfix SMTP server configs.