Topic: Two iredmail servers but use dovecot from single server
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.2.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP with AD integration
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
First of all please forgive my lack of knowledge and experience, I am an IT bachelor student learning about setting up mail servers on Linux using a virtual environment in VMware Workstation. I have set up two networks as LANs of two locations, with a WAN imitation (just a single router) in between, although the two LAN locations are directly connected via VPN tunnel and static routing and functions properly as I also have two Server 2019 domain controllers replicating between the two LAN networks via VPN.
I am currently dealing with a task where I have two iredmail servers, let's call them A and B. My problem is, I want to make the Postfix service on B use the dovecot service on A, and make the roundcube service on B use postfix on B for smtp, while using the dovecot installation on A. I have tried editing the various configuration files but unfortunately ended up with other various issues. Any information or knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thank you!