Topic: Upgrade steps from 0.9.8 to 1.3.2 iRedMail with MySQL
Hi, I was running iRedMail 0.9.8 on Ubuntu 16.04 and decided to upgrade to 1.3.2 following the version-to-version upgrade guides.
I have encountered and solved some issues which might be useful for others, so I thought I'd share them here.
From 0.9.9 to 1.0 :
The change to the file /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre was unclear to me, so I changed the file like this :
### THIS WAS ALREADY THERE FOR SENDGRID
# bypass some HELOs which contains IP address
### ADDED THIS SECTION FOR FACEBOOK
# bypass new facebook servers (iRedMail 1.0+)
Maybe the docs could be made a bit more clear.
From 1.1 to 1.2 (MySQL backend)
I found the schema for the new table "last_login" has different index names in the 1.2 docs compared to the sql script given in the 1.1 docs, so I ran the following queries :
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX domain TO last_login_domain;
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX pop3 TO last_login_pop3;
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX imap TO last_login_imap;
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX lda TO last_login_lda;
I don't know if the indexes are referenced by name anywhere, but this could be an issue.
Everything else was very precise and worked well. Thanks !