1

Topic: Upgrade steps from 0.9.8 to 1.3.2 iRedMail with MySQL

Hi, I was running iRedMail 0.9.8 on Ubuntu 16.04 and decided to upgrade to 1.3.2 following the version-to-version upgrade guides.

I have encountered and solved some issues which might be useful for others, so I thought I'd share them here.

From 0.9.9 to 1.0 :

The change to the file /etc/postfix/helo_access.pcre was unclear to me, so I changed the file like this :

### THIS WAS ALREADY THERE FOR SENDGRID
# bypass some HELOs which contains IP address
/^o\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}\.outbound-mail\.sendgrid\.net$/ DUNNO

### ADDED THIS SECTION FOR FACEBOOK
# bypass new facebook servers (iRedMail 1.0+)
/^\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}-\d{1,3}\.mail-mail\.facebook\.com$/ DUNNO
###

Maybe the docs could be made a bit more clear.

From 1.1 to 1.2 (MySQL backend)

I found the schema for the new table "last_login" has different index names in the 1.2 docs compared to the sql script given in the 1.1 docs, so I ran the following queries :

ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX domain TO last_login_domain;
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX pop3 TO last_login_pop3;
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX imap TO last_login_imap;
ALTER TABLE last_login RENAME INDEX lda TO last_login_lda;

I don't know if the indexes are referenced by name anywhere, but this could be an issue.

Everything else was very precise and worked well.  Thanks !

2

Re: Upgrade steps from 0.9.8 to 1.3.2 iRedMail with MySQL

Thanks for sharing. smile

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee