Topic: problem installing on "fresh" ubuntu 20.04
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I try to install iRedMail 1.3.2 from your tarball on a "fresh" Ubuntu 20.04 machine at Server4you. The installation fails because there exists a resident mysql installation that the mariadb installation does not seem to overrule. Thus I get "access denied for root@localhost".
Shall I get rid of all mysql, postfix, dovecot and other relevant stuff installed by default on this machine before starting the iRedMail installation ? Can you provide a script to accomplish this in a proper way ?