Topic: Increase attachment size

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1 PGSQL
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When a user tries to attach a file larger than 10 megs they get the message in the lower right corner of RoundCube which states "the uploaded file exceeds the maximum size of 10 MB". I found documentation on iRedMail.com on how to change mail attachment size and followed those instructions but I still cannot upload the file. What else can I do?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by gigel200 2020-08-15 10:28:10)

Re: Increase attachment size

mrimichael wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.1 PGSQL
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

When a user tries to attach a file larger than 10 megs they get the message in the lower right corner of RoundCube which states "the uploaded file exceeds the maximum size of 10 MB". I found documentation on iRedMail.com on how to change mail attachment size and followed those instructions but I still cannot upload the file. What else can I do?

Thanks

https://docs.iredmail.org/change.mail.a … large-file and after change php variable restart nginx service.

I know this is old, but I have just set up a fresh install (impressive stuff!) and was very happy about all the documentation resources for various modifications and adjustments. I followed these settings, and everywhere I set the values to 20M.  After restarting all services, even rebooting the server, Roundcube now shows the max file size of 15M instead of 20M.  It was 10M before, so *something* changed it, but not to what I wanted it to be.

n9yty wrote:

I know this is old, but I have just set up a fresh install (impressive stuff!) and was very happy about all the documentation resources for various modifications and adjustments. I followed these settings, and everywhere I set the values to 20M.  After restarting all services, even rebooting the server, Roundcube now shows the max file size of 15M instead of 20M.  It was 10M before, so *something* changed it, but not to what I wanted it to be.

The size of the attachment will become larger when it is encoded into the email.
RoundCube tends to think that the backend can only receive such a large email at most, rather than being able to receive such a large attachment file.
In order to reserve space for this factor that will increase in size, when displaying the maximum attachment size you can upload, it usually only displays about 3/4 of the value you set.

So when you set the value to 20M, it is normal to only display 15M