Topic: SOGo is a no-go on FreeBSD

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.3.2 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloaded installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 12.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Time to refresh my server after 5 years. Installed latest stable FreeBSD 12.2 on my test server. Currently use RoundCube, but wanted to try SOGo since documentation says both may be installed.

Install stops with: Port directory /usr/ports/www/sogo4 doesn't exist.

I checked my ports tree, and there are only sogo and sogo2. Looking at distinfo for sogo shows that this is SOGo-5.0.1.
To finish the install, I edited the config file and changed: export USE_SOGO='NO'

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo is a no-go on FreeBSD

- The port name(s) changed after iRedMail-1.3.2 release, that's why it failed.
- The latest development edition uses the correct port name(s). You can try development edition for testing, and we're going to announce new version (1.4.0) next week (if everything goes well).
https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail/

3 (edited by GerryM 2021-04-04 02:58:05)

Thank you, I'll try that later.

I also have a Dovecot issue with this install:
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 89
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 405: Unknown setting: metric { event_name

4 (edited by john.blue 2021-04-04 06:55:37)

GerryM wrote:

I also have a Dovecot issue with this install:
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 405: Unknown setting: metric { event_name

So I came here to report *exactly* both issues on BSD 12.2 as well.  lol.  I too needed to refresh and wanted to try out the sogo4 option.  Since it bombed .. reinstalled and got the dovecot issue.

@Zhang:  sogo4 port names error ... nice catch.  didn't see that as a troubleshooting option.

@GerryM: I commented out lines 405, 406 and 407:

#metric imap_command_finished {
#    event_name = imap_command_finished
#}

Issued "service dovecot start" and was able to get logged into Roundcube on my fresh install with the postmaster account.

Still dont know why it is horked up to the point that Dovecot will not start.

John

I'm in the middle of a fresh freeBSD 12 install as well and i'm getting the same error:

the full error i get is:

==Error==
Configuration file check failed.
# 2.3.13 (89f716dc2): /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.13 (cdd19fe3)

I will try commenting it out as well, but, checking on past installations, that line (405) was present on prior versions of dovecot without raising any issue, i wonder if it is some kind of problem recently introduced in dovecot (and hopefully soon fixed!)

Oh, and about sogo, by replacing sogo4 with just 'sogo' in the iredmail installation files, the installation succeeds and installs sogo 5.x

More on SOGo 5.x and Freebsd, i was able to install it, it starts and it listen to port 20000, but it responds with a 501 error code to any request.
Not sure what to do...

2021-04-05 08:55:08.544 sogod[92156:101064] EXCEPTION: <NSException: 0x8044afca8> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:Tried to add nil value for key 'users' to dictionary INFO:{}
Apr 05 08:55:08 sogod [92156]: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "GET /SOGo/dav/address@domain.dom HTTP/1.0" 501 0/0 0.001 - - -
2021-04-05 09:11:58.272 sogod[92156:101064] EXCEPTION: <NSException: 0x8044afdf8> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:Tried to add nil value for key 'users' to dictionary INFO:{}
Apr 05 09:11:58 sogod [92156]: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "PROPFIND /SOGo/dav/address@domain.dom HTTP/1.0" 501 0/127 0.001 - - -

I'm not sure if the "EXCEPTION: <NSException: 0x8044afca8> NAME ..." has anything to do with the issue.

GerryM wrote:

You can simply remove or comment out this "metric {}" block.

@iredmail.mb i'm trying to reproduce this issue with a new fresh installation. stay tuned.

iredmail.mb wrote:

More on SOGo 5.x and Freebsd, i was able to install it, it starts and it listen to port 20000, but it responds with a 501 error code to any request.

Finished fresh iRedMail (development edition) installation with latest ports tree, SOGo (5.0.1_1) works fine for me.

Waiting for 1.4.0! smile
In the mean time, installed iRedMail-master per another thread. But now I get 3 hourly emails about web.py missing. sad

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/www/iredadmin/tools/delete_mailboxes.py", line 43, in <module>
    import web
ModuleNotFoundError: No module namedInternal Server Error'web'

I suspect this is why iRedAdmin returns: Internal Server Error

Doing a search suggests to run: pip3 install web.py
but result in- pip3: Command not found.
How to install the missing web.py on FreeBSD?

iRedMail-1.4.0 is out: https://www.iredmail.org/download.html

iredmail.mb wrote:

2021-04-05 08:55:08.544 sogod[92156:101064] EXCEPTION: <NSException: 0x8044afca8> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:Tried to add nil value for key 'users' to dictionary INFO:{}
Apr 05 08:55:08 sogod [92156]: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "GET /SOGo/dav/address@domain.dom HTTP/1.0" 501 0/0 0.001 - - -
2021-04-05 09:11:58.272 sogod[92156:101064] EXCEPTION: <NSException: 0x8044afdf8> NAME:NSInvalidArgumentException REASON:Tried to add nil value for key 'users' to dictionary INFO:{}
Apr 05 09:11:58 sogod [92156]: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx "PROPFIND /SOGo/dav/address@domain.dom HTTP/1.0" 501 0/127 0.001 - - -

Did you found a Solution? I'm facing the exact same issue on FreeBSD 13 with iRedMail 1.4.2 and sogo 5.4.0

wombelix wrote:

Did you found a Solution? I'm facing the exact same issue on FreeBSD 13 with iRedMail 1.4.2 and sogo 5.4.0

Please create a new forum topic and clearly explain your issue, with detailed and related log pasted for troubleshooting.