Topic: iRedMail deletes mail attachment

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
0.9.9 MYSQL edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
can't remember
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
I think is was MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
Apache
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.

====

Hi community,

I have a strange behavior of my mail-server and I need some help in how to find out what is going on.

Sometimes, it looks like it is always with the same sender, my attachments gets deleted and I only see a plain text of the mail in my inbox.

For example, the .ics file on calendar invites gets delete, when a specific person invites me but other invites work just fine.

My installation is dovecot, postfix, getmail, amavis, spamassassin and clamav.

I activatet log_level 5 for amavis, but there is no smoking gun in the logfiles.

=> I would be happy if somebody can give me a hint, where to look and maybe even some tips on how to increase logging so i can find the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Dominik

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail deletes mail attachment

You are not receiving the attachments they send, or they are not receiving the attachments you send? Can you clarify?

Fastidious wrote:

You are not receiving the attachments they send, or they are not receiving the attachments you send? Can you clarify?

I do not receive the attachmend they send to me

Is it possible that the email they sent to you was not properly composed and the attachment can not be displayed?
Did you try to open this email with other mail client application? e.g. Thunderbird, Outlook, webmail, etc.