Topic: Things not working (f2b, sieve)

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Lately I have noticed some things not working. I checked Fail2Ban today and it says its running, but iptables and the DB have nothing banned (and normally I have constant things banned atleast through SSHD).

Another thing I noticed is that I cannot load sieve rules through Rainloop anymore, it says they cannot be loaded.

I am not sure what is going on, and the only thing is I can think it changed in the latest update. I looked at the Fail2Ban doc on the iredmail site and the banned_db.conf file was not in where it says to download it to, nor were the settings in the settings files to ban setup with banned_db. What can I do to see whats wrong?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Things not working (f2b, sieve)

wylel wrote:

Lately I have noticed some things not working. I checked Fail2Ban today and it says its running, but iptables and the DB have nothing banned (and normally I have constant things banned atleast through SSHD).

Please check fail2ban log file to figure it out.

wylel wrote:

Another thing I noticed is that I cannot load sieve rules through Rainloop anymore, it says they cannot be loaded.

iRedMail doesn't ship/offer Rainloop webmail, so better try to get some help from Rainloop team/community.

The F2B log file is empty, all the way back to the beginning of June every one of them is empty.

Restarting rsyslog service should fix the issue.

5 (edited by wylel 2021-07-12 16:00:52)

Unfortunately that does not seem to have fixed the issue. All other logs are populating fine, but all fail2ban.log files are empty.

I have also completely rebooted the server since my last post as well, and that has not resolved that issue.

Any related error in /var/log/syslog? for example, no permission to open log file, etc.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Any related error in /var/log/syslog? for example, no permission to open log file, etc.

It was set to output to SYSLOG. I have changed that now and watched it over the last couple of days. Not sure what I did that fixed it, but its now banning and clearing on the correct timeframe (before there were also no logs in syslog, checked after I looked at the conf). Cleared up I guess. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.