Topic: SSL from Cloudflare

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Is there a way to use or get an SSL certificate from Cloudflare instead of getting from Lets Encrypt?

I'm using a very powerful server, so I wanted to keep the email server and my sites on the same server.

I managed to install Iredmail and AAPanel on the same server, but between several attempts to make both work at the same time, Lets Encrypt blocked my server's domain.

Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SSL from Cloudflare

When I was using CloudFlare (similar setup as you but I just had my sites on it) I used LetsEncrypt for the email portion (iRedMail certs) and CloudFlare for all the domains and subdomains.

The block from Lets Encrypt should be temporary, I would try this route.

Re: SSL from Cloudflare

wylel wrote:

When I was using CloudFlare (similar setup as you but I just had my sites on it) I used LetsEncrypt for the email portion (iRedMail certs) and CloudFlare for all the domains and subdomains.

The block from Lets Encrypt should be temporary, I would try this route.

That's exactly how I'm using it, it works fine that way.

But what I'm still in doubt and couldn't find a solution is to abandon lets encrypt altogether. But apparently, there's only one that provides a free ssl certificate and relatively simple to install,

Cloudflare also provides the certificate for free, but it doesn't have a single command line for installing on nginx.

It's still a good solution, but I think it's bad to be held hostage to only one option.

Thanks