Topic: mlmmj and disabled amavis

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.0 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Buster
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
====

Hello.

First of all, thank you very much for your product.
We are a small company and we are using iRedMail server behind a mail gateway server which is relaying emails in and out and does all the spam and virus scanning as well as DKIM signing. So when I installed iRedMail, I disabled amavis using this guide:
https://docs.iredmail.org/completely.di … assin.html

However, mlmmj is still trying to use amavis for scanning e-mails heading to mailing list which obviously fails.

/usr/bin/mlmmj-send[11568]: init_sockfd.c:56: Could not connect to 127.0.0.1: Connection refused

and mails are not delivered.
When I turn on amavis, mlmmj works correctly.
How can I prevent mlmmj from trying to connect to amavis?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: mlmmj and disabled amavis

- Comment out this line in /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py and restart "mlmmjadmin" service. Note: it affects newly created mailing lists.

MLMMJ_DEFAULT_PROFILE_SETTINGS.update({'smtp_port': 10027})

- Remove all "control/smtpport" file under /var/vmail/mlmmj/<domain>/<list-name>/. For example, for mailing list `mygroup@domain.com`, remove file `/var/vmail/mlmmj/domain.com/mygroup/control/smtpport`.Note: it affects all existing mailing lists.

Thank you for your answer.
If I later update iRedMail to a newer version, does the change in /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py survive or does the file revert back to the original?

lubomir.fedor wrote:

If I later update iRedMail to a newer version, does the change in /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py survive or does the file revert back to the original?

File /opt/mlmmjadmin/settings.py will be copied to new version, so it survives.
Note: /opt/mlmmjadmin/libs/default_settings.py doesn't survive.