1 (edited by engin 2021-08-27 19:38:27)

Topic: Error records in dovecot logs

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):                      1.4.0 MYSQL edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:                               Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):                                                Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?                             Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

While examining the dovecot logs, I encountered the errors in the attached file. I have this error message constantly.

Also, dovecot -n output is in the attached file.

When I enter the "doveadm quota recalc -u engin.turk@gop.edu.tr" command, I get the following error.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
doveadm(engin.turk@gop.edu.tr): Error: dict-client: server returned failure: 1630064176 (reply took 0.058 secs)
doveadm(engin.turk@gop.edu.tr): Error: last_login_dict: Failed to write value for user engin.turk@gop.edu.tr
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I did some research but couldn't find anything. There is no problem with the mail server operation.
But will this cause me problems in the future? Can you help me find the cause?

Post's attachments

dovecot-n.txt 5.71 kb, 3 downloads since 2021-08-27 

dovecotlog.txt 1.31 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error records in dovecot logs

engin wrote:

doveadm(engin.turk@gop.edu.tr): Error: last_login_dict: Failed to write value for user engin.turk@gop.edu.tr

Maybe there's some SQL issue in your Dovecot config file for last_login plugin, or its config file. Please turn on debug mode in Dovecot and try again.

FYI: https://docs.iredmail.org/debug.dovecot.html

3 (edited by engin 2021-08-31 19:33:50)

Hello there. Sorry for the late reply as it's the weekend.

As you said, I got the logs in debug mode. I am sending the attachment.

In the first part, I took a log with the following settings. then I got "#mail_debug = yes" log. Finally, I turned off debug mode.

mail_debug = yes
auth_verbose = yes
auth_debug = yes
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_verbose_passwords = plain

I looked through the logs but I couldn't understand because I don't have much knowledge.

Post's attachments

dovecot.log 104.4 kb, 2 downloads since 2021-08-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

What's the value of "last_login_key" in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf? It should be:

last_login_key = last-login/%s/%u/%d

yes the value in the configuration is correct

Please turn on debug mode in Dovecot and reproduce the issue, then check Dovecot log file /var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log for more details.