Topic: Considering Pro questions
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I didn't answer above because I haven't decided.
Does either Pro or community support user created auto responders to answer mail automatically with a msg?
My reading indicates LDAP is more featured than the MySQL version. I have never deployed LDAP, is there a long learning curve or will iredmail set it up and just allow me to use it. I have to deploy fast.
It looks like on my host that only CentOS (and eventually Rocky) has a backup application. I've set up on Ubuntu several times (I jumped CentOS ship on the 8 change). Is there an advantage to either OS other than AppArmor seems to work out of the box and SELinux will take some fussing (done it, very familiar with adding permissions)?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.