1

Topic: Considering Pro questions

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I didn't answer above because I haven't decided.

Questions:

Does either Pro or community support user created auto responders to answer mail automatically with a msg?

My reading indicates LDAP is more featured than the MySQL version. I have never deployed LDAP, is there a long learning curve or will iredmail set it up and just allow me to use it. I have to deploy fast.

It looks like on my host that only CentOS (and eventually Rocky) has a backup application. I've  set up on Ubuntu several times (I jumped CentOS ship on the 8 change). Is there an advantage to either OS other than AppArmor seems to work out of the box and SELinux will take some fussing (done it, very familiar with adding permissions)?

Thanks.

2

Re: Considering Pro questions

To be clear, the "Pro" is a web-based admin panel, not a pro edition of iRedMail itself, all mail services related features are implemented in iRedMail -- it's free and open source.

montanelli wrote:

Does either Pro or community support user created auto responders to answer mail automatically with a msg?

Yes and free.

montanelli wrote:

My reading indicates LDAP is more featured than the MySQL version. I have never deployed LDAP, is there a long learning curve or will iredmail set it up and just allow me to use it. I have to deploy fast.

No big differences. Just go MariaDB/MySQL, not use LDAP if you're not familiar with it.

montanelli wrote:

It looks like on my host that only CentOS (and eventually Rocky) has a backup application. I've  set up on Ubuntu several times (I jumped CentOS ship on the 8 change). Is there an advantage to either OS other than AppArmor seems to work out of the box and SELinux will take some fussing (done it, very familiar with adding permissions)?

AppArmor and SELinux are both disabled in iRedMail.

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee

3

Re: Considering Pro questions

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

AppArmor and SELinux are both disabled in iRedMail.

AppArmor was and is active in my install. iRedMail appears to be working perfectly, though webmin is not.

Can I contribute any settings to you for AppArmor in an active state?

You are welcome to them.

4

Re: Considering Pro questions

montanelli wrote:

Can I contribute any settings to you for AppArmor in an active state?

What settings? And for which application?

----

Buy me a cup of coffee ($5) to support iRedMail:

buy me a cup of coffee