Topic: best practice ONE server node to multible nodes

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello dears ,, I hope someone can help me with best practice .

I have iRedMail mail system with more than 14000 mailbox accounts and 136 domains . !
Disk space around 13 Tera for all domains .

I know it a big problem becuse single point of failure issue ,
in your opinion what is best practices and scenarios to divde ONE server node to multible nodes with HA if possible .

Thanks very mach in advance .

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: best practice ONE server node to multible nodes

How about simply split domains to multiple servers? big_smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

How about simply split domains to multiple servers? big_smile

So we need mailgateway to load balancing and distributed mails ? smile

We have a load-balance iRedMail cluster solution, but it's now a little out of date, but still runs well for 2 clients in production.

You can setup HAProxy + KeepAlived on (2) frontend servers to balance the traffic, then setup (minimal) 3 servers as the backend servers which actually serve the mail services.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

We have a load-balance iRedMail cluster solution, but it's now a little out of date, but still runs well for 2 clients in production.

You can setup HAProxy + KeepAlived on (2) frontend servers to balance the traffic, then setup (minimal) 3 servers as the backend servers which actually serve the mail services.

Thanks for your valuable information smile