Topic: Upgrade from iRedMail with external databases, to iRedAdmin-Pro.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  RHEL 8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have a iRedMail server, freshly installed, and I want to upgrade to iRedAdmin-Pro.  I have the installation files and license key ready to go.  My current iRedMail server uses an external database and is causing installation issues.  How do I move from iRedMail with external databases, to iRedAdmin-Pro using the same external databases?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade from iRedMail with external databases, to iRedAdmin-Pro.

It's likely such setup will cause same issues again and again in the future, i suggest running iRedMail on a standalone server and just for mail services.

Re: Upgrade from iRedMail with external databases, to iRedAdmin-Pro.

Actually, I found a way to do it, and it was documented within the iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade script. big_smile

I simply added: SQL_IREDADMIN_USER='iredadmin' and the upgrade script hopped right along.

I currently have a setup consisting of 7 servers in an HA setup thanks to this.

• Two VMs running HAProxy/Keepalived sharing a VIP.

• Two powerful physical servers running iRedMail/iRedAdmin-Pro behind the HAProxy pair, along with a Gluster file system.

• Three MariaDB VMs in a Galera cluster behind the two physical servers.

I purchased two iRedAdmin-Pro license for this setup and would love to see you guys support a license model for HA server setups.  Reason being is because most ISPs/Hosts don't run on a single host and require multiple servers for redundancy and speed.

Thanks for a great product! big_smile