Topic: iRedMail 1.5.1 on Debian 10?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.5.1 MARIADB edition
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10.8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue: See below
I've tried installing iRedMail 1.5.1 on a new VPS running Debian 10.8. I'm aware that the supported Debian version is 11 but my VPS supplier doesn't yet provide Debian 11. I expected one or two issues...
The installation worked except:
Can't open /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php-fpm.conf: No such file or directory.
repeated 8 times
Can't open /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini: No such file or directory.
repeated 11 times.
The problem is that Debian 10 contains PHP 7.3 and the installer expected PHP 7.4.
I'd appreciate advice. Is iRedMail 1.5.1 likley to work on Debian 10 if I start again with a fresh VPS and manually install PHP 7.4 before running the iRedMail installer?
Or is it best to wait until my VPS supplier offers Debian 11?