Topic: Second mail account can't send emails using Thunderbird

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
-iRedMail version 1.5.2
-Deployed using wget command on Ubuntu Server, 20.04
-Store mail accounts in MySQL
-Web server NGINX
-I don't have the pro version.
I need some help please regarding sending e-mails.
I have installed everything, now I have the first account generated postmaster@domain.com.
Using this mail account, I can send and receive and everything goes well.
I have generated a second account like office@domain.com (this is on the same domain like the first, it is not a different domain).
With this second mail account, I can't send emails using Thunderbird. Using my second email account, I can send emails only if I go to the web page and use RoundCube and I can go to the web page only when I am on the local network because I allready have a port forward to port 443 to another web server.
I am not interested in using web page RoundCube to send emails, I want to use just Thunderbird.
Using my main account, postmaster@domain.com I can send email without problems using Thunderbird.
Can somebody please help me?
Looking forward for your answers.
Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Second mail account can't send emails using Thunderbird

misconfigured thunderbird i would say.
how did you create the additional mailbox?

Cthulhu wrote:

misconfigured thunderbird i would say.
how did you create the additional mailbox?

First, I want to thank you for taking a part of your time to write.
I have created the second mailbox by logging into the admin area (url with iredadmin), then the add user tab.
I will reset the configuration for this mailbox and re-enter informations into Thunderbird.
As far as I can think, I can’t see stuff messing around into iRedMail because the first mailbox is working correctly.
Also, I have added the second mailbox address into Mailjet into sender addresses so that it won’t be tagged as Spam, just like I did with the first mailbox.

I think you have mentioned that, you can only send e-mails when you are "on the local networks". Does that mean your server is actually deployed in your home, and it is not exposed to Internet? If so, you will probably like to learn about the IMAP/POP3 ports that any mail client such as ThunderBird will need to access.