Topic: Databases required for migration

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 0.9.5-1 and 10.5.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 7 to Rocky 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):Apache to NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm opening a new topic since the other one started as dropping a database and then diverged into migration.

Here's the last update with the question about migrating from and old to new server:

I've been digging through the databases, and other than pulling the domains from iredapd.greylisting_whitelist_domains I think I might not need the other databases brought over.  It looks like the roundcubemail database will be repopulated as accounts are accessed from it and I don't think I'd miss the tracking information from the iredadmin database.

If this is true (can someone confirm?) all I really need is the vmail database and /var/vmail/vmail1 and ignore the Migration document notes to pull in the other databases.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Databases required for migration

WRONG.

- Roundcube stores per-user preferences, address books, contact groups in its SQL db, so you'd better migrate it.
- iRedAPD stores greylisting / throttle / whitelists / blacklists / ... in SQL db, so ...
- Amavisd stores whitelists, blacklists, spam policies, etc in SQL db, so ...

Okay, as in my previous topic when I follow all the steps to go from 0.9.5-1 to 1.5.2 doing all the database changes only as outlined in the migration document and then exporting them on the old server and importing them to the new server running 1.5.2 I get errors.  When I compare the tables between the database I changed and a database on a new 1.5.2 I see tables on the new 1.5.2 that aren't in the one that I applied all the database change (and I get errors in the logs about redapd.smtp_sessions missing) and I see lots of errors in the logs from iredapd about not being able to apply plugins throttle, greylisting, and wblist_rdns.

That's why I thought that I could ignore the others and just manually do my whitelists and blacklists.  I have Roundcube installed but nobody uses it except in rare cases.

I ran through again to make sure I didn't miss one of the SQL table updates and ended up with the same issue.

If just moving the vmail database (after appling SQL changes) and /var/vmail/vmail1 gets all the accounts, domains, and emails over to the new server I'm fine with the greylists/whitelists/blacklists, etc. not being moved over.  CentOS 7 is old enough that things like spamassassin are no longer updating.