Topic: Alias forward wildcard

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello, is there a way to create an email alias that forward to the entire domain?
For example, create in the vmail/alias table, the alias domain@domain.com, and when sending to the address domain@domain.com it send to all accounts @domain.com (example@domain.com, user1@domain.com, user2@domain.com, etc.)?
On the vmail/forwardings table, I have already tried records with @domain.com, *@domain.com, .@domain.com, .domain.com. %@domain.com, %domain.com and domain.com, but nothing works.
Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alias forward wildcard

Interesting that you GUESS how it works and tried without checking our tutorials...

Choose either one:

- add a mail alias account with proper access policy: https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.create.mail.alias.html
- add a subscribable mailing list with proper access policy:
https://docs.iredmail.org/manage.subscr … lists.html

Hi ZhangHuangbin, thanks for the reply.
I did read the tutorials, but I don't see how to send to all the accounts of a domain, I don't see a type of wildcard.

What I need is an alias with which I can send an email to, for example, "alias@mydomain.com", and that email reaches all the accounts that are part of "mydomain.com", which can be 300 accounts, so add one by one will be slow and complicated.

The tutorials explain how the alias "alias@mydomain.com" can forward to "someone@gmail.com" and "someone@test.com", but not how to send from "alias@mydomain.com" to all accounts that are part of mydomain.com, for example, "user1@mydomain.com", "user2@mydomain.com", "user3@mydomain", etc.

Thanks!

Simply add all users to that alias address.

Thanks again for replying ZhangHuangbin.
Indeed, what I have been doing is adding each user one by one, but for domains with many accounts (300+) it's really a problem. In addition, before any modification (add or delete users), the list must also be modified.
I thought there was a function to use a wilcard type alias of the domain, but I see that there is not. If it's not too much trouble, could you add this feature in the future?
Thanks!

Afro wrote:

I thought there was a function to use a wilcard type alias of the domain, but I see that there is not. If it's not too much trouble, could you add this feature in the future?

No plan for this shortly, sorry. sad

But seems we can tune the SQL queries used by Postfix to archive this.

That would be great