Topic: 1.6.0 with Postgres - installation broken on Ubuntu 20.04
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Postgres
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): No (not installed Nginx, planning to use Apache)
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
Greetings! I wanted to try iRedMail, but encountered some error - maybe somebody will have suggestions.
So, having clean installation of Ubuntu 20.04.4 (Desktop Edition) on virtual machine, I've downloaded tar file of 1.6.0. version, launched with sudo user, followed installation steps - seems everything was successful. But when I enter Roundcube's URL following is shown:
Unable to connect to the database!
In /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-12-main.log there are:
2022-05-30 11:22:50.514 +04  vmail@vmail FATAL: password authentication failed for user "vmail"
2022-05-30 11:22:50.514 +04  vmail@vmail DETAIL: Role "vmail" does not exist.
and also :
2022-05-30 11:22:01.357 +04  fail2ban@fail2ban LOG: provided user name (fail2ban) and authenticated user name (root) do not match
2022-05-30 11:22:01.357 +04  fail2ban@fail2ban FATAL: Peer authentication failed for user "fail2ban"
I think, somehow database schemas are not properly created.
If any additional information is needed to help to fix it, I'll gladly provide it.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.