Topic: 1.6.0 with Postgres - installation broken on Ubuntu 20.04

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.6.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  Postgres
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  No (not installed Nginx, planning to use Apache)
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?  No
====

Greetings! I wanted to try iRedMail, but encountered some error - maybe somebody will have suggestions.

So, having clean installation of Ubuntu 20.04.4 (Desktop Edition) on virtual machine, I've downloaded tar file of 1.6.0. version, launched with sudo user, followed installation steps - seems everything was successful. But when I enter Roundcube's URL following is shown:

DATABASE ERROR!
Unable to connect to the database! 

In /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-12-main.log there are:
2022-05-30 11:22:50.514 +04 [5927] vmail@vmail FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "vmail"
2022-05-30 11:22:50.514 +04 [5927] vmail@vmail DETAIL:  Role "vmail" does not exist.

and also :
2022-05-30 11:22:01.357 +04 [5909] fail2ban@fail2ban LOG:  provided user name (fail2ban) and authenticated user name (root) do not match
2022-05-30 11:22:01.357 +04 [5909] fail2ban@fail2ban FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "fail2ban"

I think, somehow database schemas are not properly created.
If any additional information is needed to help to fix it, I'll gladly provide it.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: 1.6.0 with Postgres - installation broken on Ubuntu 20.04

Try this fix:
https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail/co … e7664cd0d5

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try this fix:...

Hello Zhang,

Thanks for reply. Reverted snapshot, manually corrected file, installed again - have positive result of entering web panels of iRedMail and RoundCube. Will continue testing further.

tiki324 wrote:

hello, how are you, I'm new to the forum, I'm from Venezuela, I have a problem, and it's that iredmail was damaged days ago for some reason on the production server, it doesn't open the mail or roundcube and neither does iredadmin,...

Hello tiki,

I'm have just started working with iRedMail, but I would recommend to check firewall first of all (iRedMail offers new firewall rules model - /etc/nftables.conf, maybe it's somehow linked to your problem)

krazilek wrote:
tiki324 wrote:

hello, how are you, I'm new to the forum, I'm from Venezuela, I have a problem, and it's that iredmail was damaged days ago for some reason on the production server, it doesn't open the mail or roundcube and neither does iredadmin,...

Hello tiki,

I'm have just started working with iRedMail, but I would recommend to check firewall first of all (iRedMail offers new firewall rules model - /etc/nftables.conf, maybe it's somehow linked to your problem)

Hello, thank you for your answer, I already solved the problem I had and it was that the amavis database at the time of migration gave me a parameter error and I created the manual database and I had an error writing the database in mysql I wrote amavis and it should be amavisdI modified the database and everything works fine on the intranet and outgoing emails to the Internet.