Topic: Question about upgrading iRedMail

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello everyone,

Newbie here....when upgrading, I understand that it must be incremental from one version to the very next.  Curious if I can update the specific packages to the most recent or if I need to update to the version listed in the notes?

For example: The Upgrade notes for iRedMail from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 say to:

Upgrade netdata to the latest stable release (1.31.0)

When I goto the netdata GitHub page the latest stable is 1.36.1...I'm assuming I shouldn't upgrade to that version and just the version listed in the iRedMail notes (1.31.0) but I just wanted to check.

Thank!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Question about upgrading iRedMail

We did not upgrade to older versions of included software (iRedAPT, netdata, iRedAdmin, etc.) when upgrading over several iredmail versions. We trusted the developer to run the necessary upgrade routines from the installed to the upgraded version.

Never had a problem, but I don't know if this was right.