Topic: Installation failed | Package Netcat unavailability

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  iRedMail-1.6.2 
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?  Downloaded the installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 22.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):  Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Version             : iRedMail-1.6.2
Deployed    : Downloaded the installer
OS                 : Ubuntu 22.04
Store backend : LDAP
Web Server    : Nginx
iRedAdmin Pro: No

This is a fresh OS installation, all updates were done before starting the installation.  Prerequisites such as setting the Hostname, entries in the /etc/hosts file and public DNS records were also taken care.

The installation gets to the stage where it asks questions about mailbox storage, domain and backend DB, after all that is completed, the installer shows a summary of the choice we made and stops with the following error.

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Package netcat is a virtual package provided by:
  netcat-traditional 1.10-47
  netcat-openbsd 1.218-5ubuntu1

E: Package 'netcat' has no installation candidate
<< ERROR >> Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
<< ERROR >> If you're not sure what the problem is, try to get help in iRedMail
<< ERROR >> forum: https://forum.iredmail.org/

What is causing this error...? Would really appreciate any help. 

P.S. Just FYI, On another instance, I installed those packages manually and verified the version to make sure it is correct, but despite that the installation failed to continue with the same message.

Thanks, Best
BA

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installation failed | Package Netcat unavailability

Package "netcat" is available in "jammy/universe" repository, please enable it and launch iRedMail installer again.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Package "netcat" is available in "jammy/universe" repository, please enable it and launch iRedMail installer again.

Thank you Zhang, this solution worked, I enabled this repository and the installation went through and completed.
However it's not functional yet, because there was an error towards the end while configuring the Nginx server relating to php-fpm. When accessed it throws up 502, I have a few data from the logs, should I open a new thread...?

Thanks, Best
BA

Hi Zhang and all forum members.  The second problem reported by me was a "Bad Gateway 502" error when accessing webmail. 

For the information of anybody facing a similar problem, the issue in my case was because there was no backend listening. It was resolved by adding
listen=<loopback IP>:9999 to the .conf file in /etc/php/8.1/fpm/pool.d directory.

Thank you all

BA