Topic: Installation failed | Package Netcat unavailability
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloaded the installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 22.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Version : iRedMail-1.6.2
Deployed : Downloaded the installer
OS : Ubuntu 22.04
Store backend : LDAP
Web Server : Nginx
iRedAdmin Pro: No
This is a fresh OS installation, all updates were done before starting the installation. Prerequisites such as setting the Hostname, entries in the /etc/hosts file and public DNS records were also taken care.
The installation gets to the stage where it asks questions about mailbox storage, domain and backend DB, after all that is completed, the installer shows a summary of the choice we made and stops with the following error.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Package netcat is a virtual package provided by:
E: Package 'netcat' has no installation candidate
<< ERROR >> Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
<< ERROR >> If you're not sure what the problem is, try to get help in iRedMail
<< ERROR >> forum: https://forum.iredmail.org/
What is causing this error...? Would really appreciate any help.
P.S. Just FYI, On another instance, I installed those packages manually and verified the version to make sure it is correct, but despite that the installation failed to continue with the same message.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.