1 (edited by zippydan 2023-01-19 20:26:07)

Topic: AD integration: multiple domains, email aliases, and catchall email

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2 OPENLDAP edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
====

1. I don't need iRedMail to support multiple domains for authentication, but I do need iRedMail to support receiving and sorting mail for various domains.  Is this possible with AD integration?  I know that before with a mySQL or postgreSQL backend I could just define additional virtual domains in the web admin.  Does this work with AD?

2. Where can I define email aliases for AD users?  This goes hand in hand with my first question, as I need AD users to often have aliases in other domains.  With an SQL backend I used to define these by inserting the aliases directly into the SQL table via the command line.  I have no idea how to do with with an AD backend.

3. Is it possible to define a catchall email for domains with AD integration?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: AD integration: multiple domains, email aliases, and catchall email

1) You can try to modify Postfix main.cf to achieve this. But i didn't try it before, so cannot give you a detailed instruction.

2) Store the email aliases in AD user, update Postfix config file to query the ldap attribute which stores the email aliases.

3) Sure. Better update Postfix directly and no data stored on AD.