Topic: AD integration: multiple domains, email aliases, and catchall email
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2 OPENLDAP edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
I don't need iRedMail to support multiple domains for authentication, but I do need iRedMail to support receiving and sorting mail for various domains. Is this possible with AD integration? I know that before with a mySQL or postgreSQL backend I could just define additional virtual domains in the web admin. Does this work with AD?
Where can I define email aliases for AD users? This goes hand in hand with my first question, as I need AD users to often have aliases in other domains. With an SQL backend I used to define these by inserting the aliases directly into the SQL table via the command line. I have no idea how to do with with an AD backend.
Is it possible to define a catchall email for domains with AD integration?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.