Topic: Forwardings are not restored from iredadmins-DB backup

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear all,

i needed to restore my server from backups which worked fine so far, like described in Backup and restore. Only thing seems to be missing are the users forwardings, set in iRedAdmin(-Pro) before. In which table should they be located in the iredadmin database? Can anyone confirm that, or did i miss something?

Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Forwardings are not restored from iredadmins-DB backup

Are you restoring from an old iRedMail release?

3 (edited by jobu 2023-01-21 22:04:08)

Thanks for your reply - no. Backup was from day before, same iRedMail/Admin version. But right now, i'm quite not sure, if more than 2 (relieable) users were affected, it's strange ...
In which table of the database would i have to take a look, to find the forwardings?

jobu wrote:

In which table of the database would i have to take a look, to find the forwardings?

Table "vmail.forwardings".

5 (edited by jobu 2023-01-30 18:35:13)

Table "vmail.forwardings".

Hm, i don't have that table ... hmm

But there are existing forwardings for some users roll

I installed iRedMail on a fresh Debian an restored everything from backup as told in your tutorial. Maybe my backup-scripts weren't in the latest version.

jobu wrote:

I installed iRedMail on a fresh Debian an restored everything from backup as told in your tutorial. Maybe my backup-scripts weren't in the latest version.

Did you restore SQL backup from an old iRedMail release?

7 (edited by jobu 2023-02-01 23:13:47)

"Yes, no, maybe - i don't know" ... it's complicated wink
I'm using iRedMail since - let me guess - version 0.8.5, trying to upgrade from version to version properly or as good as possible. I did serveral fresh installs over the years, always based on restoring the backup as mentioned in the official backup and restore tutorial, and tried to upgrade the system according to our needs and following your official upgrade tutorials. I tried not to miss anything on that road ...
But i'd e.g missed to upgrade the backup-script "backup_mysql.sh", it was from 2020, but this shouldn't be the whole problem (but could be mentioned in the upgrade-tutorials, too?).
I justed check a post-installation-backup of the fresh iRedMail system before restoring mysql databases and didn't find a vmail.forwarding-table either. Do you have an advice how to add the table or any other advice?
For me, i doesn't feel like working on an iRedFrankenMail-System and there  are no corresponding errors to my "problem", so probably we should come to and end here and i'm going to live with it happily after and forever ...

Thanks for your help - as always - and best regards

jobu wrote:

I justed check a post-installation-backup of the fresh iRedMail system before restoring mysql databases and didn't find a vmail.forwarding-table either. Do you have an advice how to add the table or any other advice?

SQL table "forwardings" was introduced in iRedMail 0.9.7.
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … sql-tables

Okay, i thought this is not relevant since i'm using the openladap backend and it is listed under "MySQL/MariaDB backend special"?!

Oops, my mistake.

Forwardings in LDAP are stored in LDAP user object, it should be restored when you restore the backup LDIF file.

cool
... and that obviously worked!

Thanks again!