Topic: FreeBSD 13.1 and iRedMail 1.6.2

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi,
I'm installing iredmail on a FreeBSD 13.1, but port configuration php is required 8.x in pear-Net_LDAP2 not support php74, incluind in default (/etc/make.conf) installation of iredmail. Is there already a package or patch to use php8 on FreeBSD?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: FreeBSD 13.1 and iRedMail 1.6.2

https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-in … sd-system/

Working on this issue, stay tuned.
FYI https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail/issues/201

has this been resolved yet?  still trying to install and it keeps giving the same error using the downloaded install script.

ereese2 wrote:

has this been resolved yet?  still trying to install and it keeps giving the same error using the downloaded install script.

Latest development edition fixes the issue.
https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail/

6 (edited by geeohgeegeeoh 2023-02-14 12:38:56)

This is only partially fixed. bash iRedMail.sh still installs later variants of python, perl, makes rust and cmake by hand instead of using pkg pre-mades.

I appreciate you're caught wanting reproducible build stuff but the pkg model is really hard to do with fixed versions. I think you might want to modify the FreeBSD install process a bit because I'm sitting here watching it compile cmake.. which is C++ and takes forever. There is no version-specific dependency here, nor (I suggest) in rust: this is over-specified and could have been "use any" in pkg

If you list the ancilliary dependencies (cmake, rust, llvm, python38, postgres to some minimum level) and get them pre-installed, your real dependency set could be smaller.

I seem to acquire 400+ pkg fragments to "make" things happen

(in my case, it was not writing /etc/make.conf and so acquired "dirty" version dependencies)

That's how ports tree works and is used for, mixing pkg and ports might lead to mess.
If you don't like this, it might be better switching to Linux or OpenBSD instead. sad

8 (edited by geeohgeegeeoh 2023-02-15 06:51:15)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

That's how ports tree works and is used for, mixing pkg and ports might lead to mess.
If you don't like this, it might be better switching to Linux or OpenBSD instead. sad

If you install rust by hand first, it works fine. You could include rust, cmake, binutils and a few more as pre-requisites instead of "start with an empty pkg/ports tree" -noting that you do require bash to be installed. Your approach demands re-making all of the UTF/I8n/ICU space, and brings in the entire gnu toolchain. The binutils/automake/autoconf/libxml2/libintl/flex/bison/llvm dependencies are not going to alter the top-level outcome if the platform is stated as 13.x then the state of ports is adequate, the state of pkg is adequate, for these things. I really do think it would be better to specify them as pre-requisites, not as "made inside this methodology" -and I have looked at your /var/db/ports/ configuration output: I don't see anything in those pre-requisites which would make me change my mind.

The problem of mixing ports and pkg is noted. It's a pragmatism, ports is also a moving target of course, the version you get from portsnap isn't necessarily the one you tested with (evidenced by something like rust installing a .01 upgrade from the .00 version you seemed to expect)

also, if you update your docs to say "check /etc/make.conf for prior config" or something it would help.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ereese2 wrote:

Latest development edition fixes the issue.
  /github.com/iredmail/iRedMail/[]

still looking for php74 after clone the git link you gave me.

[ INFO ] Fetching all distfiles for port: mail/roundcube
===> Fetching all distfiles for roundcube-php74-1.6.1,1 and dependencies
roundcube-php74-1.6.1,1: "/usr/ports/lang/php74" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
Unknown extension pcre for PHP 74.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/roundcube
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/roundcube
<< ERROR >> Failed in downloading package(s), please fix it manually and then relaunch iRedMail installer.

ereese2 wrote:

Check /etc/make.conf. Here's the version specific config I have, after removing the old php= value

# iRedMail-DEFAULT_VERSIONS
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=ssl=openssl python=3.9 python3=3.9 pgsql=15 php=8.1 mysql=10.6m perl5=5.36

geeohgeegeeoh wrote:
ereese2 wrote:

Check /etc/make.conf. Here's the version specific config I have, after removing the old php= value

# iRedMail-DEFAULT_VERSIONS
DEFAULT_VERSIONS=ssl=openssl python=3.9 python3=3.9 pgsql=15 php=8.1 mysql=10.6m perl5=5.36

perfect that's where is was.  thanks for the reply.  its now continuing.  had to fix a few ports its now at rustc so we will see if it will finish now.